Grit Ohio

Become an OMJ GRIT Partner

If you are looking for ways to reinvigorate your community by working together, and you live in an Appalachia Ohio County or are adjacent to an Appalachia County with similar demographics, the GRIT Project is right for you!

As a coalition, we help individuals identify their strengths and connect them with workforce training and jobs, so they can live their best lives. By focusing on individual needs while collaborating on the available resources, we amplify our efforts to build healthier local economies and communities.

The success of the GRIT Project is rooted in the braiding of funds to support the individual best. 80% of the work done is funded through the Ohio Governor’s Office of Appalachia. The other 20% of the funds come from the participation of the Ohio Means Jobs office to blend the programming dollars from WIOA, CCMEP and Partner In-Kind Contributions along with the GRIT Funds. This enables the focus to remain on the workforce programming needs without leading the conversation with income guidelines.

Following is a sample of the types of services and funding streams utilized to deliver the GRIT Project.

  • Office of Appalachia GRIT Funds
    • Assessments, coaching, trainingProfessional development of partners
    • Remote work centers
  • WIOA/CCMEP Funds
    • Assessments, coaching, and Training for those eligible for WIOA/CCMEP Programs
  • Partners In-Kind Contributions
    • Coaches
    • Space/Transportation
    • Computer Labs/Internet Access
    • Outreach Events/Volunteers
    • Scholarships

If your office is interested in becoming an Ohio Means Jobs GRIT partner, please complete the form below and we will schedule a follow-up conversation on the next steps.

Become an Ohio Means Jobs GRIT Partner

Complete this form to get started.