This FREE Professional Development for high school teachers builds career coaching skills for schools located in Adams, Brown, Clermont, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Lawrence, Pike, Ross, Scioto, and Vinton. Available for any school staff member (teachers, counselors, paraprofessionals) working with students in grades 9 through 12. Educators can register for professional development and complete the coursework any time before August 31, 2022, to EARN UP TO 37 CONTACT HOURS.
What you will learn
This online, self-paced training will build your skills in career exploration and coaching (12 contact hours).
Using the Future Plans assessment tool, you will first personally experience the career assessment and the power behind your personalized results. The online training modules build your career coaching skills. You will be guided through the research and data behind the assessment components and how it applies to a vast array of careers curated by the Department of Labor. You will learn how to use the Future Plans tool to work interactively with a person to navigate career exploration, identification of educational programs, and real-time job search.
The Career Coaching Training requires 12 hours to complete and includes:
- Career Assessment (2 hours, online and self-paced)
- Career Coaching Modules (8 hours, online and self-paced)
- Coach Certification (2 hours, scheduled zoom meeting with live career trainer)
- Additional Contact Hours are available by completing 1 – 5 modules of Essential Professional Skills. (5 contact hours per module for a total of 25 additional contact hours!)
Additional Contact Hours are available by completing 1 – 5 modules of Essential Professional Skills. (5 contact hours per module for a total of 25 additional contact hours!)
- Essential Professional Skills include:
- Communicate Clearly
- Thinking On Your Feet (Critical Thinking)
- Problem Solving
The professional development is free of charge to schools and does not expire. In order to earn the contact hours, educators must complete the training by August 31, 2022.