To help us live our mission and build our communities, the GRIT Project is looking for individuals with a desire to positively impact the lives of students and job seekers of all ages and stages of their lives. Those who are most successful as a GRIT – Future Plans Career Coach are individuals who:
- Have life/career experiences that can help others discover how their interests, abilities (aptitudes) and work interests align with career opportunities they may not have considered
- Can help guide clients in developing a plan to reach their personal career goals
- Are willing to take the time to reflect on their own experiences, and use those experiences when coaching others
- Are engaging and can gently guide clients through a discovery process that investigates all possibilities before making their own informed decisions
Future Plans Career Coach positions are paid, part-time positions at a rate of $25/hourly. The workload may be quite busy between 8 AM – 3 PM for a few months as schools assess and coach students and then slower until the next school semester begins the process with a new group of students.
All work is remote work. Must have a quiet space, internet access and a computer with audio and video capabilities to be considered. Background check required.
PROCESS FOR BECOMING A CAREER COACH
People interested in becoming a Career Coach must first apply and then complete the career coach training program. During the training, you will:
- Take the Future Plans Career Assessment
- Complete the online career coach training modules (on-demand)
- Practice your skills in a virtual career coach certification session
To apply for a career coach position, send a resume and cover letter to Careers@futureplans.com. Or, complete the form below to express interest and ask questions.
Get Involved Today
Complete this form to get started.