Stats & Figures
“We already work through our Ohio Means Jobs program through ABCAP … the partnership with GRIT strengthens that and lets us do more”Lisa Tumbleson-Davis, Business Program Manager, ABCAP (Adams Brown Community Action Partnership)
Assessments This Quarter
Students take the Future Plans Career assessment which identifies their strengths, interests, personality, and work values, and then explore careers that are a fit for them. Each student meets one-on-one with a career coach to discuss their results and potential career paths with the end goal of developing a career plan. Below is a snapshot of schools that completed this process and the number of students who received career guidance for the 2022-23 school year.
|Adams||Manchester Local Schools||1|
|Ohio Valley CTC||8|
|Southern Hills CTC||2|
|Western Brown Local||1|
|Goshen High School||175|
|Grant Career Technical Center||277|
|New Richmond Exempted Village||179|
|Highland||Bright Local (Whiteoak Jr./Sr. HS)||74|
|Greenfield Exempted Village||132|
Feb 22 Event – A Day of Learning
Thanks to everyone who joined us in Chillicothe on February 22nd for our Day of Learning! We had a terrific response and turnout for this event. It is great to get together to share stories and learn about the great work that is going on through many organizations and partnerships!
- GRIT’s Amy Queen has begun working as a Career Catalyst at West Union High School.
- Eastern Local High School began career assessing students.
- Collaborated with Ohio Means Jobs and the Brown Chamber of Commerce to place a student intern to assist with the Chamber’s marketing and social media posts. This student was selected utilizing the assessment data available through GRIT and Future Plans.
- Career Assessments completed at Goshen High School
- Students from Whiteoak High School spent the day touring the Batavia and Mount Orab Milacron sites. Assessment data for seniors was evaluated to identify those who may want to explore manufacturing jobs. An opportunity for 1 on 1 job shadowing will be the next step for many of these students.
- GRIT was present at the Coffee and Commerce event hosted by the Highland County Chamber and Shafer Heating and Air.
- GRIT attended and helped organize a career fair at Whiteoak High School.
Student OpportunitiesIt’s not too late to get your students assessed and to collaborate with GRIT to place your students into paid internships! Additionally, there are summer programs available, some that will earn college credit – all at no cost to the school or to the student!