Are you interested in remote flexible work and expanding your career opportunities? We can help! We are holding in-person workshops to walk you through the steps to get remote work.
What is remote work? Gartner.com defines “remote work (also known as work from home [WFH] or telecommuting) as a type of flexible working arrangement that allows an employee to work from a remote location outside of corporate offices. For employees who can complete work offsite, this arrangement can help ensure work-life balance, access to career opportunities or reduced commutation costs. Benefits for the company include increased employee satisfaction and retention, increased productivity and cost savings on physical resources. Remote work arrangements can be temporary or permanent, part-time or full-time, occasional or frequent. Remote work requires policies governing equipment use, network security and performance expectations.”
Want to learn more? This workshop is for anyone who has thought about remote work or has already done it. It is an opportunity to talk through the options and help you decide on the right approach for you. All experience levels are welcome!
Workshop Information: Seats are limited at each workshop. Registration required.
Check back for future opportunities!
Future workshops are being planned for other counties/locations. Watch for updates.
Overview of the Day
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Arrival, meet & greet. Light breakfast refreshments will be provided.
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am: Discussion of who Future Plans is & how we partner with the Ohio Means Jobs and other local resources. Activities such as:
- What is remote work & how to be successful.
- Discussion of possible career types of remote work.
- How to search for remote work opportunities using GRIT tools.
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Working Lunch (Lunch will be provided); hands-on job searching, applying for jobs.
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Introduction to local resources for resumes, interview help, and small business resources. Interviewing remotely. Setting up office space / working in a remote office space. Discussion of negotiating and how we partner with you moving forward.
Once you register for the workshop, you will receive an email asking you to complete the GRIT career assessment. When the assessment is completed, you will be asked to schedule a 45-minute coaching session with a GRIT coaching mentor. Don’t delay registering, as these steps need to be completed prior to participating in the Virtual Assistant Workshop. We look forward to helping you on your employment journey!
More About the Remote Work Workshop
Ready to Get Started?
Fill out the form below and someone from our team will be in touch with you in the next business day with more details and the next steps. ^Back to information^
Complete this form to register for a Remote Work Workshop