Remote Administrative Assistant Workshop
Are you interested in remote flexible work and expanding your career opportunities? We can help! We are holding in-person workshops to walk you through the steps to get to work as a Virtual Assistant.
What is a virtual assistant? A virtual assistant (VA) can provide support for a number of businesses or industries. A VA may keep staff members’ calendars, schedule meetings or events, and take messages for staff members. A VA can assist with general office management such as ordering supplies, onboarding new staff members, and managing various employee needs. In some cases, VAs can perform accounting, billing, and payroll functions as well. These are just a few examples of the work VAs might perform remotely (from home or another remote work center).
This workshop is for anyone who has thought about administrative assistant work or has already done it. It is an opportunity to talk through the options and help you decide on the right approach for you. We will provide you with the steps to start training in the skills you will need to become an administrative assistant BEFORE the workshop. All experience levels are welcome!
Workshop Information: Seats are limited at each workshop. Registration required.
- Date: Wednesday, POSTPONED
March 22, 2023– 9 AM – 3 PM
- Location: Workforce Training Center, 1300 Jefferson Street, Suite A, Greenfield, OH 45123
New Boston Ohio
- Date: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Location: The Business Center, 3879 Rhodes Avenue, New Boston 45662
- Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 – 9 am – 3 pm
- Location: Brown County ESC, 9231-B Hamer Rd, Georgetown, OH 45121
Lawrence County Ohio
- Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 – 9 AM – 3 PM
- Location: To Be Determined
Future workshops are being planned for other counties/locations. Watch for updates.
Overview of the Day
- 8:30 am – 9:00 am: Arrival, meet & greet. Light breakfast refreshments will be provided.
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am: Discussion of who Future Plans is & how we partner with the Ohio Means Jobs and other local resources. Activities such as:
- What is remote work & how to be successful.
- Discussion of possible tracks of Virtual Assistant work.
- How to search for virtual work opportunities using GRIT tools.
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Working Lunch (Lunch will be provided); hands-on job searching, applying for jobs.
- 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm: Introduction to local resources for resumes, interview help, and small business resources. Interviewing remotely. Setting up office space / working in a remote office space. Discussion of negotiating and how we partner with you moving forward.
Once you register for the workshop, you will receive an email asking you to complete the GRIT career assessment. When the assessment is completed, you will be asked to schedule a 45-minute coaching session with a GRIT coaching mentor. Don’t delay registering as these steps need to be completed prior to participating in the Virtual Assistant Workshop. We look forward to helping you on your employment journey!
More About Virtual Assistant Workshop
Ready to Get Started?
Fill out the form below and someone from our team will be in touch with you in the next business day with more details and the next steps. ^Back to information^